Kestrel 4500NV - Pre Owned
This is a pre owned 4500NV in good condition. Someone who is getting starting in long range shooting and wants to train up their wind reading ability, while also having access to Density Altitude (and other measurements) will find this tool invaluable for not a lot of money!
The Kestrel 4500 Pocket Weather Tracker was Kestrel's flagship meter. Capable of monitoring and reporting an exhaustive list of environmental parameters – from temperature to barometric pressure, dewpoint, wind chill, and more, the Kestrel 4500 was the most feature-rich pocket weather meter in the entire Kestrel catalog.
In addition to the Kestrel 4000's extensive list of capabilities, the Kestrel 4500 had these distinct monitoring functions:
- Digital Compass
- Wind Direction
- Headwind / Tailwind
These added features made the 4500 the Kestrel Meter of choice for military professionals, HAZMAT teams, and flight crews. Like all the pocket weather meters in the Kestrel 4000 series, the Kestrel 4500 was capable of storing and charting up to 1400 data points for later analysis.
For military professionals, the Olive Drab NV version of the Kestrel 4500 features a night-vision preserving backlight. The backlight incorporates optical filter to reduce overall brightness and minimize blue and green spectrum light to preserve night vision. (Note: This backlight appears soft greyish pink, not "red", and is still in the visible spectrum, so is not compatible with night-vision equipment.) The NV light was designed for optimal performance in low-light conditions.
Weekend shooters and military snipers alike have been calling for a Kestrel Meter with crosswind calculation for years — and the Kestrel 4500 meets that demand completely.
The Kestrel Meter 4500 Weather Meter measures/features
- Heading (true & magnetic)
- Wind direction
- Pressure trend
- Barometric pressure
- Wet bulb temperature
- Relative humidity in %
- Heat stress index
- Density altitude
- Wind chill
- Air, water, and snow temperature °F or °C
- Current, average, and maximum air velocity
- Waterproof and floats
- Time and date
- Easy- to-read backlit display
- Data Logger (automatic and manual)
- Customizable data storage - 2900 data points
- Minimum, Maximum and Average values
- Multi-Function 3-line display
- Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
- Exterior temperature, humidity, and pressure sensors for fast and accurate readings
- Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
- Graph and recall trends
- User-replaceable impeller
- Flip-top impeller cover allows use of other functions while protecting the impeller
- Data charting
- Upload to a computer (with optional interface)
- Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
- US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074
- Assembled in the USA